The Beerling Hall in Canterbury is a beautiful, medieval building, in the south of England. Beerling Hall, formally The Guest House For Pilgrims to Canterbury 1315-1538, is one of the only buildings that remain today of the former Blackfriars (often referred to as the Dominican) Priory on the west bank of the River Stour. The history of the hall starts in 1237 when Henry II granted the Dominicans land within the city’s halls, along with £500 and timber to build a church and priory. The building became home to the Blackfriars, informally known as the Dominican priory.
Hudevad Radiators became involved in the restoration of the historic buildings in June 2016, when The Kings School, Canterbury, requested GCSI Ltd of Dartford to install new radiators in the Ground Floor of Beerling Hall, Canterbury. Grenville Clay, MD of GCSI Ltd, approached Hudevad for a solution to supply old style column radiators that would meet the School’s requirements in terms of visual fit and heating output.
Hudevad was able to offer the new Hudevad Classic radiator that was tailored to the school’s needs. In August 2016 the Hudevad Classic radiators were installed in the building.